Monday, May 23, 2005

The beast - this is what it's all about...

One of the most fascinating machines that intrigued me and entertained me since I was a tiny tot. The Planox. Its official name: Stereoscope Magnetique Planox.

It was my Grandad's, my Dad's and now that it came to my hands, I set out to restore it alongside numerous antique cameras. In the process I'm also looking to discover and catalogue the pictures that came with it: Glass plates, 35mm rolls, sheet film or printed.

Here it is, meet "The Planox": in spite its sorry state and filthy appearence, this little engineering marvel still works fine. Not much can go wrong with it - it just needs some TLC (tender love and care!)

Let the journey begin!



2 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

George, Have you posted any of the images that you can see through this grand machine?

11:05 pm  
Blogger George Parapadakis said...

Yes, several on RB! I'll bmail you...

11:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home